Valley County Opioid Response Project
192 people die
in the United States each day from a drug overdose. Valley County is a geographically isolated region that experienced
11 drug overdose deaths
from 2014 – 2018, nearly doubling that of 2009 – 2013.
VCORP STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
Priority Area 1
- Increase employer engagement in prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Increase SUD education and resiliency among adolescents, high school students, emerging adults, and parents through the Icelandic Prevention Approach
- Increase medical professional knowledge of available prevention education resources
Treatment and Recovery
- Increase early identification and intervention of drug dependence (i.e. screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment)
- Increase SUD treatment options
- Decrease barriers to treatment and recovery
- Improve communication of available SUD prevention, treatment, and recovery services to stakeholders
- Build and cultivate a Recovery Oriented Community
Priority Area 3
Data collection and sharing
- Identify existing data sources for metal health, SUD, and OUD
- Utilize strategic survey data collection
Strengthen and expand prevention services in Valley County
Break down stigma of recovery and support the treatment and recovery workforce
Support community stakeholders and improve data identification, sharing, and collaboration
We envision a community where individuals thrive, develop resiliency, and live abundently.
We will mobilize community strengths to empower the physical and mental health and well-being of youth and families through innovative initiatives in Valley County.
- BPA Health
- Cascade Medical Center
- Central District Health
- The Change Clinic
- Donnelly Fire EMS
- ECHO Idaho, WWAMI at the University of Idaho
- Dr. Gina Schatteman, STEM for Idaho
- Human Supports of Idaho, Greg Dickerson
- The Idaho Office of Drug Policy
- Recovery United, Inc., PEER Wellness Center
- Dr. Royce Hutson, Boise State University
- Dr. Ryan Hulbert, EPIC Psychology
- St. Luke’s McCall Medical Center
- St. Luke’s McCall Foundation
- Valley County Coroner
- Valley County Court Services
- Valley County Prevention Services
- West Central Mountain Youth Advocacy Coalition
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Adminitration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $200,000. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $200,000. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.